* That the designer will maintain interest in the project if you cannot make any decisions
* That you will attend each shopping trip or will be shown every possible fabric.
* That the designer can read your mind
* That there will be no misunderstandings or mistakes along the way
* That the designer will bid out every subcontractor. There is a reason that the designer has been workng with the same upholsterer and decorative painters for years. On the other hand, if you have a favorite supplier, the designer should be accommodating.
* That the designer will supervise other's work without an hourly fee. (The designer should be there, however, to oversee the installation of products at no additional fee.)
*That the designer will become your new best friend! (It does happen, though!)
What You Should Expect From Your Interior Designer
* That the designer will have a full understanding of your lifestyle and use of your living space.
* That the designer knows more than you.
* To have the sense that all your interests and opinions matter.
* That some of your existing furnishings will be integrated into the new design, if you wish.
*That you will be shown a full range of options and products - creative ideas well beyond the Design Center.
* That the designer will stick to a budget.
*That the designer will make every effort to to complete the project to your satisfaction.